For information about Faith Formation, sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation, and other youth-related questions, please contact Tanya at 839-6834 or email her or send us a message through our Facebook page.
Faith Formation and Confirmation classes cancelled for the remainder of the school year
In an effort to help stop the COVID-19 virus, Faith Formation and Confirmation classes are cancelled for the remainder of the school year.
- Confirmation students will be contacted about homework and other responsibilities.
- Educational resources to assist parents in helping their younger children continue to learn about the faith will be distributed by the Faith Formation office.
- Because of the uncertainty, our April 18-19 First Eucharist Masses will be postponed until Oct. 3-4, 2020, which will allow the children to practice for the sacrament during September Faith Formation classes. Faith Formation classes for the 2020-2021 school year begin Wednesday, Sept. 16, and Sunday, Sept. 20 for elementary age children, and Wednesday, Sept. 30, for students in grades 6-8. The final two Confirmation classes are Sept. 16 and 23 before the Oct. 11 Confirmation Mass.
- The 7th grade Living Stations of the Cross performance planned for April 5 is cancelled.
- Further information will be shared with families as it becomes available.
- The March and April Youth Group events are cancelled.
Now is a wonderful time to work with your children at home on memorizing prayers. See the link under "Prayers and Teachings" below for a list of prayers and teachings you can work on with your child.
Prayers and Teachings
All students should work on learning Prayers and Teachings of the Catholic Church at home. They may then recite them at the Prayer Station to earn faith-focused prizes or to earn coins for our "Prayers for the Poor" collection. Here's a link to the Prayers and Teachings.
First Eucharist (Communion)
In our parish, students attend monthly Confirmation classes taught by Fr. Bruce beginning in the fall of their 9th grade year (or older) with the Confirmation Mass being celebrated in October of the following year. If your child is in grade 9 or older and has not been confirmed, please contact us.
Registration for classes and activities
A registration form for the 2020-2021 school year will be available soon.
Will you volunteer?
If you wish to volunteer as a Teacher/Catechist, Aide, Hall Monitor, Youth Minister, etc., for the 2019-2020 school year of Faith Formation, please contact Tanya (see contact info above).
Faith Formation Volunteer training and background check forms
All volunteers who work with children and youth must be trained by reading the Diocese of Bismarck Code of Conduct and then must submit a signed Acknowledgement Form. In addition, all volunteers over age 18 must allow for a background check to be requested.
You will find the information and forms on the diocesan website at these links:
- Diocese of Bismarck Code of Conduct (please read this)
- Acknowledgement Form (please sign and return this to the parish or Faith Formation office)
If you are age 18: - Background Check Release Form (please complete and return this to the parish or Faith Formation office)
Thank you for your commitment to the children of our parish.
Has it been a while since you went to confession? Here is a guide.
The Church recommends that we confess our sins to a priest through the sacrament of reconciliation at least once per month. For many of us, the length between confessions might be much longer and we might worry that we forgot "how" to go to confession. A priest will help you know what to say, but if you'd like a written guide, consider printing one of these and bringing it with you.